Wednesday, March 25, 2009

An Afternoon with the Community

2:30-3:30 p.m.
I stop by Platner on my way to a tennis match. This isn’t on my schedule, but I am apparently incapable of going all day without going into Platner. The people in Platner are all very excited to see student Sharon, who will be coming to do my workstudy job at 3:00p.m.

On the way up the hill I run into my friend Callan and convince her to come watch the tennis match with me. We watch Freshman Katie Davidson and Sophomore Madison Stern play against Lewis and Clark while chatting with Katie’s parents who have come to watch. They play well, but I have to leave before the conclusion of the match. At 3:20 I rush off to my next meeting.

3:30-4:30 p.m.
I meet Owen Newcomer in my office and we walk over to the Spot. Dr. Newcomer was my professor for American Government my freshman year. We chat about a plan to redevelop the stretch of Philadelphia St. between the College and Greenleaf. Dr. Newcomer is impressed with the use the new student lounge is getting and I tell him about the increase in the community presence on campus since this new campus center was built.

No comments:

Post a Comment